1. He’s been focused on forgetting for so long that it’s painful to peel away that blanketing layer where life happens without context and begin to remember again.
2. It was inevitable they’d crash someday, she’d just thought they’d have more time before statistics caught up to them.
3. There’s a cliff in the clouds where the thunderheads boil up, up, up… to where the air’s too thin to fly. She’s dreamed of perching there, at the top of the sky, with the stars at her back and her troubles so far below.
4. For a moment the blue moon’s light is overpowering and the sharp silhouette of a unicorn dances across the trees.
5. There are no royal bloodlines, no governmental elections, they just keep repeating ‘the stone chooses the King’, but they refuse to tell him how.