1. My life is nothing but ash and memories, but this is my ruins, my battlefield and I refuse to be ashamed.
2. Accounting is one of those professions that hides a myriad of actual jobs. He tried them on, one at a time, from auditor to CPA, until he finds his perfect match in a small inn, keeping books for both the hotel and restaurant.
3. Massive thunderstorms race along the deep ocean horizon, moving at speeds he’s never seen on land.
4. The gunshot is as good as silent, lost in the roar of the trains and the sharp metal clangs from the construction site.
5. An avalanche of song pours down from the trees as the migrating flock settles in to feed.