1. “I never thought you’d forget me.” He looked around the room suspiciously, as if trying to pull out some faint whisper of their shared past.
2. Forty-six bucks is enough to buy you a bus ride out of town, but only barely.
3. The planet is an endless wave of percussion; clicks, pops, and staccato drumbeats of insect life replace the normal forest murmuring they’re used to.
4. “What makes you think we need rescuing?”
5. Shadows dance beneath the street lamps, faint echoes of lives lost on the streets.