1. The liquid flows slowly at first, then gathers speed as both gravity and the heat from friction work their magic.
2. Six feet of steel and concrete are all that separate them from the mountain and he wonders, in the small corner of his mind that isn’t screaming, how long it will take them to burrow through.
3. She’s cut back everything she can –apartment, car, everything but her phone is gone– and still only has change left over after paying bills.
4. “There’s no twelve-step process to fix a life,” the angel chided, firm but kind. “If you come with me, this is a path you’ll walk for the rest of your days.”
5. The ghost is more fog than spirit, only the faint outline of a horse against the trees.
Leave a Reply