1. The walls of the canyon are steep but rough and he has no problems finding handholds as he works his way to the top. The magic may have barred him from the path itself, but it can’t keep him from following alongside.
2. Generations of dragons have worn deep claw marks into the mountainside as they catch the cliffs on landing, so it’s easy to see from the hillside where the hatching caves lie.
3. “If I had meant you to learn it, I would have taught it to you.” His aunt snapped the book closed sharply and the spine huffed dust. “I told your mother I don’t care for curious minds, now I’m telling you.”
4. Magic is a lot like computer programming, it doesn’t care what you meant to do it only cares what you’ve actually said.
5. The lantern’s light is thin and more green than white, but it’s enough to read the console.
Leave a Reply