1. The flowers actively seek the sun, twisting on rubbery stalks to mark out its passage across the sky.
2. “You use magic for completely ridiculous things!” He waved his arms. “You use it to wash pots and make pens that never run out of ink– Where’s the real magic? You can defy the laws of physics and all you can think of to do is change the color of the cat’s fur!?”
3. As the atmosphere thickens she slowly transforms, curling the last vestiges of solar sails into wings meant to cup air and not sunlight.
4. When they finally run out of bullets their guns find other jobs as makeshift hammers and pry bars.
5. A faint wind begins to creep along the floorboards as the ship floats forward on the curtain of air.