It’s been awhile since the last LFtW update! I’ve been in a ‘real’ picture-taking slump ever since I moved locations for the art desk and the weather has been great out recently (on and off) but too windy to do outdoor photo shoots.
So we’ll have to make do with cell phone camera pics for now (sorry!).
But March was a bit better and I started to pick up steam again…
What Got Done
NaMoPaiMo (National Model Painting Month) didn’t go at all like I hoped, I didn’t start working on him until the month was pretty much over! Thankfully I managed to get him done just under the wire… next year I’m hoping things go a little smoother.
My guy was painted in only craft paints (as a personal challenge) and there will be a post soonish that details all of the steps. He’s a bit of a cross between a liver chestnut and a black chestnut with red points that look a little ridiculous, but amusingly was based off of actual horses.
For now he is a home herd horse and not for sale, I love the way he came out and I don’t want to part with him! 😀
There have been a couple of really nice days since January and I got a chance to do the final sealer coats on the three musketeers. Unfortunately the same nice days were also very windy, so they haven’t gone in for final photos yet. Soon! (I hope!)
Thanks to the NaMoPaiMo burst of inspiration, I’ve started working on a few other Stablemates and Mini Whinnies. I’ve got some realistic and some fantasy and I’m hoping to use them to bulk out the Etsy store. It’s very magnet heavy right now and I want to try and balance things out a bit. *crosses fingers*
I’m also in the midst of a resculpting whirlwind for the person I’m in the body box trade with, but they’ve asked that I keep things under wraps so the horses will be a surprise… so no updates (other than to tell you there have been updates! Mwahahaha… 😉 )
On top of that I’ve also been working on the magnets (as always) and I’ve been alternating between finishing up existing magnets and working on the Fat Animal Magnets. I have a bunch of partially painted plaster and wooden magnets that I need to polish up and get into storage so I have room to work!
I’ve made a little more progress on the Christmas Magnets, but a lot of what I’ve been doing in the last few weeks is resculpting the Fat Pony magnet in order to make donations for the Big Orange Bash. I have been experimenting with Amazing Mold Putty, but so far it hasn’t been very amazing at all… I may need to swap over to poured silicone molds in the near future.
What’s Next To Do
First and foremost on the docket is to get photographing done. I have a big backlog of finished art that needs to get up onto Etsy (and off to their owners), so a photo day or three is first up on the list. I just need the weather to cooperate! I am still not the best at indoor photography and I’m hoping a little sunlight will help.
Second, I’m going to keep working on the body box horses. These have given me a chance to really test out my sculpting skills and while I can’t share the photos yet, I’m looking forward to it later! 😀
Third, I need to finish up the rest of the Christmas Magnets (not many left now) and the donations.
Fourth… I need to stop adding things to the lists! 😉