1. Dragon riders lie by the hundreds on rows of narrow cots, their bodies tended to by orderlies as their minds fly out, entwined with their mounts.
2. “You’ve forgotten our bargain,” the demon said as it wound its way up out of the well.
“That was my father’s bargain, not mine.”
3. The ship’s orbit has decayed since her last visit and the sun now hovers in perpetual sunrise out the port window.
4. Every seventh stepping stone is made of obsidian to keep the fairies off the path.
5. Traffic finally grinds to a halt just close enough to his exit that he can just see the exit ramp curling off to the right. Unfortunately, he can also see the burning tractor-trailer that’s lying sideways across his way to work.
Leave a Reply