1. The uniform’s jacket is a patchwork of embroidery, each small design is a signifier of battles survived and the sheer number of them makes even the toughest thug shy away.
2. WiFi Drones circle overhead in long lazy loops, following the crowds like seagulls.
3. “Are those the frog toes? Awesome, just put it over there next to the case of newt eyes– No, no, STOP! You almost crushed the bat wool, have you got any idea how much that costs?”
4. The mist never rolls down from the mountains and the valley is as dry as the peaks are damp.
5. The aliens try for years to pass along their warnings, but they’re too foreign for humanity to recognize the attempts. Millennia later we’ve finally realized what they’d been trying to tell us… but it’s too late.