1. Fire creeps along the forest floor like thick slime, flames unnaturally slow in the heavy magic.
2. “No one asked for your opinion,” she snapped through her sobs and the angel had the audacity to shrug.
“You all die eventually,” he said. “What’s the point in waiting?”
3. The beds are lined with thick fleece blankets instead of sheets, soft as down and twice as warm once he’s tucked inside.
4. Older spaceships are cheaper to buy, but they’re a gamble. It’s rare to find parts out here, so over time ships become their own unique MacGyver’d Frankenstein. What you get depends entirely on how good (or crazy) the last engineer was.
5. Their horses are wary as the giant wolves approach but suddenly settle down. It isn’t until much later that she learns it wasn’t magic, but the wolves’ natural ability to modify their scents. Apparently, pack horses are fine with you looking scary as long as you act peacefully and smell like food.
Leave a Reply