1. After the storm had passed and the shattering cracks of collapsing trees died off she expected silence, but amidst the devastation, life continued.
2. “You’ll find no jobs here,” he said with polite confusion. “Everyone has a place, a purpose in this town– we’ve no empty spaces for anyone new.”
3. The ponies in the pens are all tiny stocky things, meant for pack work and pulling wagons. Face to face with the herds he finally realized why everyone had given him suspicious looks when he talked about riding horses at home.
4. Her sisterhood is immortal, but not invulnerable. Valkyries and avenging angels at heart, they haunt the battlefields and learn how to live with the scars.
5. The night is full of dancing lights, tiny phosphorescent bugs that swarm and churn along the wavetops mimicking the pulses of plankton below.
Leave a Reply