1. Four generations scraped out a living in that dusty valley until the rains came again.
2. He’s practiced the move thousands of times– it’s instinct, not purposeful action that saves him from the blow.
3. “Have you never wanted to go home again?”
4. As they move further into the fog it slowly solidifies, clinging to skin and clothes in strands of damp spiderweb.
5. The office building is the same stoic brick as the rest of the block and he hesitates before entering. Basic and boring, and not at all the place he’d expected to have to face a fairy court.