1. “My brother killed himself three days ago. I don’t care what your papers say, that thing isn’t him.”
2. There’s no more silence in the forest once the leaves fall, the summer was too dry and everything is crisp and crunches at the slightest pressure.
3. It’s not a skill that can be learned but he practices every day, layering failure after failure.
4. I don’t have anything left of my old life and sometimes in those half-asleep moments at dawn and dusk I think perhaps I only imagined those grand adventures.
5. Hundreds (if not thousands) of generations are needed to refine the mutations required and the only ones with the patience to try are computers.