1. “No one is irredeemably evil,” she said as she tightened the straps. “It might take hours or years, but there hasn’t been a brain yet we haven’t fixed. Don’t worry, we’ll save you… but this might sting a bit.”
2. Things that aren’t quite dogs run alongside the horses. Instead of howls, their packsong is akin to whales, deep moaning booms and chirps that dance along your bones.
3. Nights are illuminated travesties, not a single star shines through the well-lit gloom of the city skies.
4. True spaceships aren’t designed to be seen up close, their bulky well-protected hulls are unbalanced and unappealing. If you’re rich and want the worlds to know it, you make sure the designers spend their time on shuttlecraft instead.
5. After hours civilians are few and far between, it’s the military that rules the colony once the suns go down.