1. There are massive lighthouses in the wastes, beacons against the ever-increasing nights, and one by one they’re going out.
2. This far outside of the shipping lanes space is statistically empty.
3. “I used to dream about mountains.” He looked out across the ridgeline, clutching the coffee mug. “They were bright purple with snow-covered tips and ringed with clouds.”
4. The demon feels like static, sharp pops and crackles against her fingertips.
5. I didn’t realize it at the time, but he meant it when he said he was never coming back.