1. Ancient white rocks mark the edges of the roadways at staggered intervals. Intricate carvings that might be words adorn each face, but there’s no men left alive who can read them.
2. “Couldn’t I just have what you’re having?” The cat looked down at its dinner with disgust. “I know I said I wanted it when I saw the commercial, but they made it look like food.”
3. Magic seeped slowly under the bathroom door as he frantically stuffed the gaps with towels.
4. They watched the chemtrails boil and fade in the wake of the shuttle as it left to rejoin the ships in orbit. Four years alone hadn’t seemed that long looking down from orbit, but now that they were firmly on the ground, it seemed forever.
5. “I told you not to look him in the eye!”