1. The dead have no choice but to listen, trapped by the walls of the catacombs.
2. Magic curls around the base of the statue like a nest of vipers, misty coils moving restlessly along the bas relief of war.
3. “I am not required to choose anyone,” the dragon’s mental voice sang in her mind as it carefully worked its way free of the egg. “I know you’ve been brought here against your will, that’s obvious, but you would make an amazing partner, if you’d have me.”
4. He waits until the movie starts and the docent is distracted to slip on his headphones.
5. The winds tear through the forest in a hollowing booming roar punctuated with the snaps and cracks of the trees.