1. There’s some confusion at first if dragons cause fires or fires cause dragons.
2. It had been a once-in-a-century sort of accident, but that didn’t stop his brain from panicking every time he stepped through automatic doors.
3. “Love does mean having to say you’re sorry… a lot actually.” He grinned up at the stars, lost in fond memories. “But as you learn each other, you end up saying it less and less, because you stop doing the things you’d have to apologize for.” He gave his nephew a measuring look. “So if you really love her, start apologizing and dammit you aren’t perfect, stop expecting her to be.”
4. As the world faded into the static of the void, she could have sworn she heard him say goodbye.
5. It doesn’t take long for time travelers to stop being human.