1. “–will you stop shooting me? It’s–” … “–obviously not going to work–” … “–what part of ‘won’t stay dead’ is confusing you?”
2. She’d forgotten what it was like to live in a city, steeped in that sense of frantic urgency large clusterings of humanity exuded.
3. There’s a rock at the bottom of the lake with our initials on it. It was part of the spell that was supposed to make him love me, but we all know how that turned out.
4. Wood in the colony is cheap and expensive at the same time. Firm beams are rarer than unicorns, but the carpenters work their magic on the scraps of the wagons and there is thin decorative paneling to spare.
5. They thought he was kidding at first, who really says they want to be an assassin when they grow up? But he got older and the answer never changed.