1. The southern forests were perpetually on fire, faint yellow flames dancing along each evergreen bough in unnatural symbiosis.
2. Ghosts use memories as currency.
3. The ink was bespelled so only vampires could read the warning. To everyone else, the painting in my mother’s foyer was just unsettling, although they could never pinpoint why.
4. To the rational world, the job had nothing to offer; it was a pay cut, a move cross-country, and a sideways jump into a field with no upward mobility. To Keith, it was his childhood dream come true.
5. Mail wasn’t delivered on Sundays, but that didn’t stop the package from appearing in her mailbox.
Leave a Reply