1. She’s forgotten how to use her wings.
2. “In my day it wasn’t polite to be imaginary.” Grandmama gave the jackalope a pointed glare over the top of her knitting.
3. Stars only glitter pleasantly planetside, in space they’re cold unwavering points of light.
4. The oddest part of being turned into a child is having to relearn how to act like one.
5. The boulders are covered in moss and slick with diamonds of morning dew. She can see his footprints clearly, but knows she can’t move fast enough before the rising sun wipes them away.