1. Dragons eat armour as well as flesh and extrude the metals into their scales, so you can tell how many armies have fallen to a wyrm by the ripples of steel.
2. Immortality wears all the novelty out of life. After a few thousand years there are few things she hasn’t done and true death is all the more enticing for its evasiveness.
3. “Why don’t they have cooking shows for beginners?” She frowned at the thirty-second clip of the show that made filleting fish look effortless. “They make all of this look so easy, it feels even worse when I fail.”
“If it makes you feel better, watching “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” makes me feel horrible as well.” He looked down at the piles of papers left to grade.
4. He desperately wants to fit in, but even with the thickest glamours they seem to know instinctively he isn’t human.
5. If anyone objects they’re too scared to admit it.