1. The crystal dragon sounds like wind chimes when it moves, its translucent scales rubbing together in an eerie harmony.
2. “My son gave it to me,” she clutched the tiny dinosaur on her necklace. “It’s just a toy.”
3. There’s no ‘down’ to the humans’ space stations and it takes him a moment to adjust his movements to compensate. If his feathers are ruffled he’ll blame it on the situation and not his annoyance that they’ve failed to master the simple physics of gravity creation.
4. Rationally she knew there was no going back, but some small part of her clung to the hope that somehow they could fix this and get home.
5. The forest turn out to be nothing but ferns, the giant ‘trees’ are surrounded by smaller copies in a fractal web of green.