1. The sky is overcast and murky gray, packed with the sort of clouds you suffer through in fall, but it’s the middle of summer and they’re wildly out of place.
2. I’ve finally reached the tipping point where life gets easier instead of harder.
3. They can’t grant every wish, even faeries have their limits, so they use the smallest of their magics to release the overflow as fireflies.
4. Horses are more intelligent than the English give them credit for and she uses that weakness to her advantage. Rumors of her witchcraft are just that, but she’ll happily barter superstition for a chance to work inside the Duchess’s stables.
5. Stories never begin with headaches. They all start with happy protagonists rushing out into the world– not curled up in bed with the covers over their head trying to ignore the pain.