1. She’s trapped him in the past without the technology to build another time machine, so all he can do is send nasty letters to places and times where he knows she’ll be.
2. Headaches are insidious things that lurk at the corners of your mind and harass any thoughts you have.
3. “Only worry about the things that can kill you,” her mother said. “Everything else is just a temporary setback.”
4. Time and effort are required for good results, but bad results often use the same ingredients.
5. Birds are a million rainbow shades at home, but here they’re all tiny and drab. Flocks of grays and browns line the trees with only a hint of blue and red to light the gloom.