1. There’s a shovel out in the old shed that they used to bury him. They haven’t used it since.
2. He thought the magic would make me forget, and it did for a while. But there are only so many lies you can tell yourself before the truth wakes up again.
3. Spring is miserable in all the unpleasant ways that the growing things require.
4. The cats are all identical clones, only one of the original colony’s stock survived the famine and they haven’t had time to import more.
5. Shooting stars and spaceships look a lot alike and she wasted wishes on the cargo shuttles until she learned the difference.