1. Once upon a time, when fairy tales were as real and as common as traffic jams, there lived a man named Tim.
2. Their common word for ‘fire’ is the same as ‘life’ and the hearthfires are the heart of every household.
3. When I was a child, sixteen ships set out to try and find new fishing grounds. None of them came back, but it wasn’t until I was older that I realized they never meant to.
4. Her silence could mean many things, but he’s learned to read the echoes of what she doesn’t say.
5. Each leaf curls like origami as it dies, transformed into sleeping birds nestled in among the branches.