1. It’s a fountain pen, but it has never run out of ink. Not since she dipped it into the quiet pool of shadow beside the dragon’s heart.
2. “Trash day cometh to us all,” she said morosely as the garbage truck made short work of the leftovers from their Christmas celebrations.
3. The further into the forest you go the emptier it feels. The trees are ancient and massive, shading giant swaths of the forest floor and entombing whatever manages to grow in yearly blankets of leaves.
4. He swears the cat makes sure he’s looking before it carefully taps the hated figurines off the mantle. It’s silly to assign emotions to animals he knows aren’t capable of rational thought, but he can’t help think it’s nice to have someone on his side as he cleans up the pieces.
5. The tiny flying lizards are insectivores and the closest they can get to fire is a hiccup of sparks– but they are still dragons in the same way hummingbirds and hawks are both birds.
Leave a Reply