1. The stars crackle against the night sky, singing the same static song she’s heard ever since the night her angel died.
2. Horses are too valuable to waste on war so they face their foes from the backs of massive shaggy bulls, bred for centuries to protect the herds from wolves and bear.
3. The rain has been a long time coming and he listens to it drumming on the roof and thinks of all the things it came too late to save.
4. He adopts and discards hobbies as easily as he changes clothes, but he brings such an intensity and drive to each new venture that he achieves remarkable results before his attention wanes.
5. “What will I do without you?”
“All the same things you did before me, just… better this time.”