Whew, it’s been awhile again!
Someday I’ll get the hang of these ‘same day updates’… I wish I could prewrite these like I do the Saturday Story Prompts, but it seems a little silly when I call them ‘Live’ right in the title. 😉
Anywho… time to roll back the curtain and clear off the desk enough to run down all the projects that have ended up on the Workbench this week!
And it’s a whole bunch of new projects, as usual.
Mini Herd Away!
I ordered a set of the new Breyer Mini Whinnies so I could put some slightly cheaper micro customs in the store… and ended up with almost all one mold! Add to that the foals, which i was hoping to avoid, and it was a bit of a mess.
But it was still a lot of fun to open the blind bags and get one Trotting Morgan Stallion after another! 🙂
Now I just have to figure out what colors to paint them all…
Craft Paint Storage
On that note, while cleaning up old shipping boxes, I found a new way to store craft paint! This is a priority mail box cut down to the height of the paint and with the four top flaps used a spacers. The spacers are held in place by the paint (it’s a tight fit) so as long as you don’t remove too many at once, they’ll stay put.
You should be able to do the same thing with other similarly sized boxes, I believe these are 6x6x6, but I’ll make a note to measure them and come back and update the post later.
I also threw together a few more woodglue and toilet paper containers for my Prismacolor pencils. I’ve been looking for an easier way to store them and after several years the brusholder is still holding up nicely!
Instead of using coreboard I’m just using cardboard as the bases for these. The sets won’t be as heavy as the larger longer version, so I think they’ll hold up well. Worse case, it breaks and I’m out three toilet paper rolls and sliver of a box. 😉
Ship, Ship Away…
On the theme of boxes, I’ve started investigating how to ship things more cheaply. I’ve been using the Etsy calculated shipping, but it won’t let folks combine items and it recalculates the cost a lot. So I’ve taken apart one of the boxes I got in the mail and I’m going o build my own… hopefully. Tutorial to follow, if I’m lucky.
I’ve actually got a bunch of other things in the works too… I figured out how to make the removable fencing standardized so I can sell the bases and fences separately and still be sure everything matches up. I did start prepping some of the Mini Whinnies for realistic paint jobs, and I’m down to just getting good pictures of Partial Eclipse before she can go up in the Etsy store.
Oh yeah, and I’m almost done with the Hello Borgy and the Imperial Guard Penguin magnets I’m making for friends. I’ve got some portrait dog sculptures coming after that and a custom foal that’s being prepped, so lots to do! 😀
Now if I can just get in the habit of posting these updates on time…