1. She’d always joked that knitting was an addiction and not a hobby, but after the funeral having to pack up the hundreds of unused skeins of could-have-beens leaves him sobbing on the steps.
2. “I don’t really have anything left to wish for,” he said truthfully. “Would you just like to hang out for a while?”
3. If you knock three times on the cupboard door it opens into the grocery store instead.
4. Dogs aren’t known for their ability to barter, but the city packs have learned the hard price of working for free.
5. There’s no endpoint to the work, every day as much comes in as they can push out leaving with less of a sense of job complete as a sense they’ve successfully held back the tide.