1. The sky is a milky grey, curdled with clouds.
2. She learns the hard way that there are rarely rewards for saving towns from monsters or roving bandits. Those that can’t afford to save themselves have little in the way of treasure left to share.
3. Grandfather’s clocks were masterworks of gears and levers, each tiny piece hand carved from the hardest woods and dusted with magic against decay.
4. You are what you leave behind is a philosophy that drives him mad some days, struggling to figure out what mark he can possibly make on a world that’s evolving so rapidly.
5. The birds are silent here, their songs sung above the range of human hearing– it’s unnerving watching them chirp noiselessly.