1. Sleep is more powerful a healer than stimulants, but they can’t afford to stop running.
2. Cats have a way of knowing where they aren’t supposed to be and he’s willing to hijack their superpowers if it means finding his sister.
3. There are no universal translators, each species that is enveloped by the alliance is forced to learn the shared language to survive.
4. It’s the way he cleans, reflective flinches against the normal chaos of the world, that finally clues her in to just how horrible a childhood he must have had.
5. Gryphons aren’t the terrifying predators she expects. They leave the farm’s livestock alone, preferring the abundant offal from the slaughterhouse’s compost piles to fresh meat.