1. Black cats have always been lucky house pets because the demons eat them first.
2. The envelopes that came once a week had no return address, but I knew what was in the letter without opening it. It wasn’t until the ashes of the third letter had started to cool that he showed up at my door in person.
3. Screams suddenly echo along the halls, jarring him out of sleep, but right on the heels of the cacophony comes the frustrated cursing of the nannies as they herd the playing children back to bed.
4. The dresses are beautiful, layered creations of translucent fabrics that dance on the slightest breeze.
5. She can stay organized if she forces herself, but Papa had always said ‘money’s meant to buy you time, not things’ and it’s so much easier to just hire someone else to manage her life for her.
Leave a Reply