1. He walked through the metal detectors with only a slight flinch, feeling the FBI witch’s scrying charms scrape against his disguise. For a moment he thought it was over, but the guard just waved him on through.
2. The ship’s gardens take up two-thirds of the hull. A massive ecology interwoven into every aspect of the design, it’s a planet in miniature and infinitely sustainable.
3. They’ve moved the hospitals to buildings by the riverbanks, where water can drive wheels as well as boilers. Most are abandoned factories or warehouses, but this one was an old fish market and she dreads coming to work.
4. Mending clothing with magic spreads the remaining fabric thin to close the gaps, but they are too far from any town to fix things properly.
5. “Wait, we had homework?” There was a long pause as the group tried to figure out if he was kidding or if he’d hit his head a lot harder than they’d thought.