1. The winds come only at dusk, bringing fireflies dancing down from the hills. For a brief moment it turns the valley into a field of stars. It’s the closest she’ll ever get to going home.
2. The best way to annoy telepaths is to get a song stuck in your head, the more inane and catchy the better.
3. Growing up in a small town wasn’t the horror the other college freshman keep assuming, but after the first dozen introductions she gave in– it was easier to nod and play along.
4. Food is life, but not in the way he expected. Hunger is the one thing powerful and persuasive enough to break through the control spells.
5. “If you listen you can hear hope dying. A thousand voice crying out in– ow!” he yelped as she slapped him.