1. Four words signal the end to generations of war.
2. It had never occurred to us that when management joked that someday robots would be doing our jobs they were serious.
3. Dragons were massive solitary creatures. Territorial and ravenous they each held dominion over vast tracts of land that shifted with their hunger.
4. Valentine’s Day was the last time I saw my mother.
5. The fog rose twice a day, once at dawn and once at dusk. For those few moments the horrors of the valley faded away and she could pretend that they were safe.