1. They’re heroes, at least for the next week or so, and they revel in the chance to finally soak in the approval of their peers.
2. Her world begins with a gunshot.
3. There are colors fur just shouldn’t come in, he thought, slightly queasy at the sight of cats dyed to look like macaws playing tag along the fenceline.
4. Shards of glass are everywhere, still sharp enough to cut after all these years.
5. “‘I’ll do better next time’ only matters if there is a next time.” She pulled the bag up over the edge of the cliff with a grunt. “Sometimes the first chance is the only chance you get.”
Leave a Reply