1. The sun rose and set behind a thick cloud bank, the only hint of daylight was a band of deep rose hue that crept across the sky.
2. I was ten when I died, which is older than most of my kin.
3. “Computers are finicky things,” she thumped the side of the server at it grumbled at her. “Don’t mind their lectures on ‘garbage in, garbage out’, sometimes they just refuse to work.”
4. Magic lingers in the inanimate without the constant churn of life to wear it away.
5. Some days I feel like I’ve forgotten more than I ever learned. Classes fade into obscurity almost as soon as they are over.