1. He hides his life under the stage makeup and costuming, burying his past and present under the comforting blanket of borrowed sins.
2. Two lights hung on the horizon. Then one. Then none. And with the darkness came the end of the war.
3. “It’s not us versus them!” She objected.
“But it is!” He slammed down the sword hilt he was working on. “It’s exactly that. I know you don’t want to believe it, but it’s high time you got your head on straight.”
4. I learned a long time ago to stop wanting things
5. The unicorns are small brutish things, compact and packed with muscle. Virgins or not, they all quickly learned to avoid them.