1. Ghosts are only the memories we keep, the dead have no need to linger.
2. The safeguards only allow him to dodge, no matter how potent the attack. Until they officially choose sides, the computers can’t classify the locals as lawful combatants in the war.
3. I used to be scared of space, the vast never-ending emptiness of it, but once I got out there I found there were plenty of more important things to fear.
4. The bird is all colors and no colors at once, an ever-shifting prism of glass feathers and polished steel.
5. A half-marathon seemed like a good idea at the time, but apparently they weren’t kidding when the guides warned that ‘training is required’.