1. Before the war, I would have punched her back.
2. Herd animals are more apt to kill you than predators. They don’t care if you’re edible or how dangerous you are– all they care is that trampling has always worked before.
3. “Sit down, sit down.” He offers the best of his chairs to the guest, who remains standing with a frown.
4. For fun, they’ve built a massive useless window across the spaceship’s bow, kept safe with magic instead of science, just for the horrified looks from other ship’s engineers every time they dock.
5. She can’t hear their screams anymore over the sound of the wind.