1. The world is still fuzzy and off-kilter, but at least it’s not the suffocating blackness of before.
2. Fire, iron, and wood: these are the three elements of my town. Water is scarce, stone is nothing by iron oxide, and scrub trees are all that manage to grow.
3. She builds skyscrapers out of tin cans and Tupperware, a metropolis of scavenged dishes.
4. Two things end up saving the world: dumb luck and abject stupidity.
5. No one noticed when he left, the chaos of the fire was too enthralling, and without anyone directly assigned to watch him, it was easy enough to escape.