1. By the time they can get to her they’d lost all hope, but Ro’s magic has trapped her at the cusp of death. She looks peacefully asleep, entangled in the horror of her wounds.
2. My life is marked not in days or years, but in the slow churn of progress around me.
3. The metal ship is unnaturally steady. Without the pitch and roll of its proper wooden cousins, I hardly feel that I am at sea at all.
4. I never asked to be a dragon.
5. Nanniebots are everywhere, a thousand phantom mothers that keep the world afloat while we are at war.