1. It wasn’t until she was dying that she remembered she was only pretending to be human.
2. There were two grandfather clocks in the hall, one for the future that could be and one for the future that would be… and on Tuesday they both struck midnight at the same time.
3. “Names mean nothing.” She said curtly. “You can call a rabbit a horse till the sun goes down, but it still can’t pull a plow.”
4. For the first time in their lives food is everywhere, more than they could hope to eat in a hundred lifetimes, and it changes everything.
5. “I wish someone had told me how much it would hurt to watch them leave.”
Leave a Reply