1. Dogs travel with you, cats travel in tangent arcs.
2. “Stop thinking with your heart!” The alien grabbed the gun from Marc, but the refugees had already scattered into cover. With a curse it flung the gun back at him. “This nurturing thinking is counterproductive, you are ill-evolved for conflict.”
“Yeah, you keep thinking that,” Marc muttered.
3. Looking at the sky you’d swear it was seconds away from a downpour, but it’s been that way for days without a drop.
4. Two men show up at my door a week after my mothers death. They are polite but firm and I find myself buried in the minutiae of survivorship.
5. One day the tide came in and never left.