Moving to the new house meant packing up my art desk… and then unpacking it again, and again, and again. I may possibly have a small art hording issue, but art is like books right? It’s a library not a horde? 😉
But unpacking has also forced me to catalog all of the projects I started doing and then stopped. There are horses in the midst of resculpting and horses in the midst of painting, all trapped in an event horizon composed of other shinier projects. Sometimes more than halfway done, sometimes less– but all of them sitting in incomplete lumps.
So I’ve decided the rest of this year will be restricted to commissions and completing old projects. I’m not going to touch anything that I haven’t already made some sort of progress on. I was going to make a list, but even that got depressing once I started realizing just how much I have.
There are entire boxes of bodies that I haven’t brought myself to crack open yet, just because the
horde herd is so large.
But every new day is a new beginning and I’m going to try and start burning through the backlog. (And at some point design and build a display cabinet for the resulting Etsy residents.) I’ve found I spend a lot of time talking about doing things and not really doing them, so this will be the last post that doesn’t include workbench photos.
…so here’s a photo to tide you over! 😉The Hacked Up Herd