1. “Memories and dust are what built my foundations,” the building said. “You can make powerful concrete from the past.”
2. The fall sky is full of clouds and migrating birds, but the flocks are so massive she can’t tell where one begins and the other ends.
3. Dogs follow the caravan like sharks behind ships.
4. Holidays and vacations make her nervous. Her everyday routine is gone and someone else dictates when and where she will be– she feels untethered.
5. A child’s birthday is a joyous celebration of beating the odds. An adult’s birthday is a stark look at how much they contribute and how much they consume.
Leave a Reply