1. Colors are the first things to go as her sight fails over into the shared mind.
2. “I never thought you were stupid,” she said angrily, “not once in all the time I knew you did you ever appear incompetent or dimwitted– but now, NOW!”
3. Their stories are meant to teach or inspire and are recited with a ritualistic cadence that Hollywood has been hard-pressed to duplicate.
4. The fort rises from the treeless plains in a sudden upsweep of timber and clay. It was built from the wreckage of the wagons, brought over the mountains a generation ago as their grandparents fled the armies of the Dark.
5. It isn’t pain so much as pressure, but the sudden sharp changes are enough to keep him from sleep.