1. The best thing about running an inn is all the adventures come to him. It’s chaotic, but never boring!
2. There are too many things to do and not enough time– so she triages reality as the storm grows nearer.
3. Everything they try fails and in the end they are all infected. There is no immunity, no vaccine, and only fully infected children survive those first fragile hours after birth. No other ships can land and they can’t be allowed to leave– in a single generation, my home becomes a world of the dead.
4. The soup is barely even flavored water, but it’s warm and plentiful and it’s easier to starve while feeling full.
5. “Why should I tell you anything? You’ll just get mad– you always get mad, no matter what you promise.”